HManPhoto's Random Musings

Posts covering ride reports, motorcycle gear reviews, game and movie reviews, and thoughts on life and my job.

Friday, February 04, 2005

HID is installed.

I finally got my HID light kit and got it installed. Unfortunatly I've only got two pictures thus far and those were taken with an el cheapo camera but I'll put them up anyway. I'll get better ones on my days off Monday and Tuesday.

So, big question is....? Was it worth it? I can answer that with a resounding yes. The light output is fantastic. Believe it or not the standard Halogen was brigher in ONE spot. The HID however puts out more light in every direction. If I could deal with a little less light brightness in the distance I could honestly run at a very quick pace and never turn my brights on.

I live on a very twisty road with deer a constant threat and with the new light I could see better to the sides and better off in the distance with a light that had MUCH more contrast. I was waiting for someone to flash brights at me but I went on into town and onto the highway for a bit to test that and noone ever did. I'm sure its brighter but apparently not so much as to blind someone. The crisper light and bright white color should help me stand out a bit in traffic during the day as well, hopefully cutting down the numbers of "but I didn't see him" incidents.

The HID lighting did something else I should have expected but didn't. It helps bring out the line between the road and the grass much more. If you've ever been riding when the grass is dead and roads are dry then you know that occasionally with a halogen the line between road and grass isn't so evident. Can't say that with this light. Colors are much more vivid and that particular line is something I really noticed last night.

Now, I hope to get out and really enjoy the ride more soon and really try this thing out but it was 27 degrees last night so I decided it best to cut the ride short. Monday or Tuesday I plan to roll her out and get some good pictures with MY camera so that you guys can see the quality. I'm also going to try to track down someone from the Hayabusa board that is nearby so that I can get some comparo pictures.

I bought this particular kit for a steal from www.xenonking.com through a group buy. While I won't get as good a price I'm considering doing a conversion on my car now on the low beams. I personally can never get enough light short of blinding those coming at me.

If you are looking to upgrade your lighting you should really give www.xenonking.com a try and see what they can do for you. OR, if you don't want to go through the hassle of changing out the stock lighting then look at the various HID driving lights that you could add to your bike. I know my father is considering doing this with his ST1100.

Well all, have a great day and ride safe.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could'nt explain it better myself Hman.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home