HManPhoto's Random Musings

Posts covering ride reports, motorcycle gear reviews, game and movie reviews, and thoughts on life and my job.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Clear Signals and UFO Undertail Installed.

Had a busy two days. Cold as well seeing as I've been riding AND the install took place out in the cold wind. Brrr... It was however very much worth it.

As you can see from the pics below, I have my UFO Undertail installed. Purchased from http://www.18889chrome.com which was super easy and friendly on the phone. They had it to me quick as well. I ordered on Friday, had it on Wednesday.

I'm not real happy with the LED tail lights but I'll either order a custom set from a www.hayabusa.org member or go to red colored incandescent bulbs. The LEDs are nice but just not bright enough in my opinion during the day.

The undertail REALLY cleaned up the tail section and gave the rear end quite a different look. Once I get my double bubble on I'll have to post pictures of the bike stock and now just for comparison. Install was NOT fun but only took about 3 hours.

On to the clear signals up front. I've wanted these for awhile because it blends with the silver paint much better than the ugly amber signal lenses. I held off because all of the aftermarket lenses fit less than snug and leave a gap between the fairing and the edge of lens. Seeing as 2005 and up Hayabusas have clear lenses, I simply ordered a set from Big 4 Cycle in Evansville, Indiana. Install was easy and fit was perfect.

Last thing that I did was replace the high beam with a Sylvania Silverstar. It still looks yellow compared to the HID in the low beam but is brighter and whiter than the stock halogen.

Overall I have to say I'm really happy with the modifications I did the past two days. Still more to go but I'm at least a month out yet from those.

Stay tuned, keep your fingers crossed for an early spring, and be careful out there.

Happy cycling!

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nicely done man, looks great! I am going to add your blog to my blog, because we are both dorks that way.

 
At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bike is looking sick! You should get a motorcycle camera (check out http://twenty20camera.com) so you can get some video and post it on your blog. Some point of view shots when you can finally get out and open that busa up, will be incriminating but sweet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home